The RBWH Foundation is proud to announce its next grant round will open for submissions from 1 Sept - 30 Sept 2023, thanks to the extraordinary power of giving.
The RBWH Foundation CEO Simone Garske said funding of up to $50,000 was available for patient care initiatives and clinician-led research projects which would deliver exceptional patient outcomes or improve the patient experience.
“Our previous round, finalised in March this year, produced more than 60 submissions from almost every service line and resulted in truly inspirational projects,” said Ms Garske.
“We are really excited about the possibilities that this latest Foundation grant round will provide and are forever indebted to the RBWH Foundation’s community of givers for making this possible.”
Applications are sought from staff at RBWH, STARS, Herston Biofabrication Institute, Herston Infectious Diseases Institute, Jamieson Trauma Institute and the Comprehensive Breast Cancer Institute. Additional weight will be given to applicants who have supported or engaged with the RBWH Foundation within the past two years, and to research projects led by Early Career Researchers.
“This is an exciting opportunity to enhance the hospital you are passionate about and should not be missed.”
(L-R: Consumer representative Dale Trevor with RBWH Dietitian Researcher and 2022 RBWH Foundation Anglo American grant recipient Bronwyn Segon)
Previous grants funded include:
- A study into the nutritional needs for hospitalised patients with eating disorders
- A retrospective audit of occupational therapy splinting of radial forearm flap donor sites in patients with head and neck cancer
- A peer-to-peer program for intensive care survivors and their families, to be delivered in person and online to our patients across Queensland, Northern New South Wales, the Northern Territory and parts of the Pacific Rim
- An evaluation of 3D printed artificial eyes for orbital prostheses
- Portable radios for digitally disadvantaged older patients.
Summaries of these projects are available online here. Many have the potential to transform patient outcomes and/or patient experience at hospitals around Australia.
New applications which meet the eligibility criteria will be assessed by a panel with representation from RBWH and STARS. Learn more here.