Patient Friendly Initiatives
Ever thought our wonderful Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital (RBWH) could benefit from some additional outdoor furniture, artwork installations or patient entertainment?
The RBWH Foundation is proud to announce applications are now open for the 2020-2021 Patient Friendly Initiatives grants.
Previous projects, in conjunction with the RBWH Patient Friendly Committee, have included:
• Establishment of the Hospital’s Pet Friendly Area for visits by furry best friends
• The Stairwell Project’s live music sessions
• Sound equipment and a Spotify account for the Hospital’s front foyer
The RBWH Foundation is providing $50,000 for the Initiatives and applications close Friday, May 29.
Criteria for funding for Patient Friendly Initiatives:
• Would not otherwise be funded more appropriately operationally, or from research and education funding sources.
• High impact/reach of patient and visitors
The Patient Friendly Committee:
• Oversee environmental audits and make recommendations to improve environment based on evidence-based principles for elderly/dementia friendly environments
• Oversee elderly/ dementia friendly design principles for RBWH
• Engage with patients/visitors and staff regarding improvements to make hospital more patient and visitor friendly
• Makes recommendations to Executive for purchase related to the purpose of the group
Instructions for submission:
For more information, contact:
Executive Support Officer,
RBWH Research Services
Ph: (07) 3646 0245